Thank you for making a real difference in the lives of thousands of women and their families across Virginia. Your support of the 35th annual Charlottesville Women’s Four Miler fuels innovative breast cancer research and care at UVA Cancer Center’s Breast Care Program.
Our goal is to raise $350,000 this year. We need your help.
You can become involved in many ways. You can make an online gift to the race, or sponsor a runner to team. You can honor a loved one, or recognize the dedication of your doctor or nurse, by purchasing a Motivational Mile poster.
Once you’ve registered for the race, there are lots of tips and tools in your Participant Center that will help you get started meeting your goal.
We have great fundraising prizes this year! Prizes are awarded one per participant based off highest level achieved. If you raise at least
- $125 you will receive a Women's Four Miler golf umbrella
- $250 you will receive a Women's Four Miler tote
- $500 you will receive a long-sleeve technical top
-$1,000 you have the option of getting a $100 gift certificate to Hamiltons or Ragged Mountain (will be distributed on a first come, first served basis)
-$5,000 you will receive a gift certificate for a massage from the Boar's Head Spa.
All gifts, no matter their size, have a direct impact on UVA Cancer Center's ability to care for patients, today and in the future.
A donation of
- $5 will provide a woman with an education tool outlining risk factors for breast cancer
- $10 will support education efforts for women about breast health, breast cancer, and mammography
- $20 will provide a newly diagnosed patient with a copy of Dr. Susan Love's "Breast Book"
- $40 will provide a newly diagnosed patient with a Patient Treatment Guide
- $100 will pay for the cost of one screening breast ultrasound for a woman unable to afford this service
- $300 will pay for the cost of one 2-D screening mammogram for a woman unable to afford this service
- $500 will pay for the cost of one 3-D screening mammogram for a woman unable to afford this service
- $1,000 will provide screening assessments which could include: a screening mammogram, pap smear, clinical breast examination, and lung cancer screening for a woman unable to afford this service
Checks should be made out to Women's Four Miler and mailed to: Women's Four Miler, PO Box 800773, Charlottesville, VA 22908-0773 or donate online.
If you have additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.