Cancer touches all our lives. Did you know that one in two men—and one in three women—will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime? It's time to change that. I need your help.
Cancer Warriors that I am racing to honor:
Sara Myers, Brenda Vincent, Elizabeth Nisos, Kelly Wakelin, William Kopke, Sharon Vaughan, Gina Williams
Cancer Warriors, still in the fight of their life, that I am racing to honor:
Allen Butt, Jamie Lindsay, Ray Stone
Cancer Warriors, who lost the battle, that I am racing to remember:
Janet Appley Wade, A. Dean Hufford, Richard Hufford, Lisa Eley
Any gift helps. To put it all in perspective:
A donation of
- $5 will provide a woman with an education tool outlining risk factors for breast cancer
- $10 will support education efforts for women about breast health, breast cancer, and mammography
- $20 will provide a newly diagnosed patient with a copy of Dr. Susan Love's "Breast Book"
- $30 will provide women who have undergone mastectomy with a camisole specifically made to hold drains in place after surgery
- $40 will provide a newly diagnosed patient with a Patient Treatment Guide
- $100 will pay for the cost of one screening breast ultrasound for a woman unable to afford this service
- $300 will pay for the cost of one 2-D screening mammogram for a woman unable to afford this service
- $500 will pay for the cost of one 3-D screening mammogram for a woman unable to afford this service
- $1,000 will provide screening assessments which could include: a screening mammogram, pap smear, clinical breast examination, and lung cancer screening for a woman unable to afford this service
I am one of 3500 participants taking part in the Charlottesville Women’s Four Miler, the largest all-women’s race in Virginia. Our goal this year is to raise $400,000 to support groundbreaking cancer research and innovative patient care programs at UVA Cancer Center’s Breast Care Program.
All gifts, no matter their size, are important in this fight. When you make a donation on my fundraising page, know that 100% of your gift will fuel the search for finding better ways to treat, and one day, cure breast cancer.
Thank you for supporting our efforts!